The current IT world is blown away by the innovation of trends and technologies that redefines the way business is done. As the business models, these days are extremely influenced by the regulatory and governance bodies, macroeconomics, and various critical market forces, they tend to focus on operational efficiency and effectiveness. This results in a huge burn on their revenues, capital expenditures, and cost-efficiency. Consequently, turning them to search for managed IT services and providers to help address the challenges and focus on sustainable business growth.
What is Managed IT Services?
Managed IT Services is referred to as the practice of outsourcing the IT computer network support and management of an organization to improve their business operations. The companies those provide these managed services and bear the responsibility of complete functionality of the IT services and infrastructure for an organization is called Managed Services Providers (MSPs).
They help businesses focus on their core competencies by offering a managed model that runs and transforms the operations and IT services of the organization, resulting in improved productivity and functional efficiency.
Factors that drive the demand for Managed IT services in India –
- The unpredictable, volatile and macroeconomic IT environment
- Increasing demands to meet the regulatory compliances
- Lack of internal and deep technical expertise in the area
- Influencing the need to innovate while keeping pace with technological advancements
Suggested reading – Know What the Booming Cloud Managed Services Market has in Store for MSPs
However, the market is dynamically evolving to bring continuous stride in trends and business opportunities. It is very important for MSPs to be aware of them and leverage optimal benefits out of these trends.
5 Emerging Managed IT Trends of 2019 –
- Cloud, Outsourcing and Automation: these three factors will collectively take the IT market by storm in 2019. Let us understand how-
- Cloud: The increasing use of cloud transformation is quite evident by now. Introduction of newer platforms to enhance the customer engagement that meets the expectations of digital transformation within the enterprise has been achieved with the parallel usage of cloud computing. The multi-cloud application has been a huge success, resulting in great customer-experience.
- Outsourcing: another fact that will impact the MSP market is outsourcing, where the increase in outsourcing activities will plunge in the reduction of dependence on traditional SLAs.
- Automation: Whole IT environment is focused to channelize the automation to replace the substantial amount of work. MSPs are expected to witness a huge reduction in workloads as the operations become automated. MSPs can make a competitive advantage by making automation solutions as their key offerings.
2. Outlining Securities and Increased cyber-attacks: the end clients always search for an MSP who proactively can take care of the outlining securities of his organization and its underlying architecture. As the cyber-attacks has increased in past years, the companies now feel forced to adopt a security-first approach. Thus, MSPs will have to put extra efforts to secure service infrastructure of their clients and also defend and recover the clients against any vulnerability.
Suggested reading – A Brief Guide to IT Managed Services
3. Telcos and ISVs (Independent Software Vendors): Telecom Services is one of the booming sectors in India and is making use of their existing tech savviness to shift beyond data services to sell managed offerings.
4. Increased Merger and Acquisitions: The MSP’s might witness the increase in the mergers and acquisitions of the tools that they use for operating businesses. Their competitors are likely to sell all the integrated solutions under one roof.
5. The innovation of Software-as-a-Service: The growth in Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technology will offer various advantages in terms of scalability, cost, and security based on a subscription-billing model. MSPs can assist organizations to switch to these services easily and manage workloads.
Key Takeaway –
A successful Managed Service Provider (MSP) practice takes a lot of continuous effort as it requires perfection from initial assessment to signing contracts to managing services. Staying abreast of the trends can ensure faster capitalization than the competitors.
Looking out for such Managed IT Service Provider? Try considering i2k2 Networks, a 20-year-old managed IT service provider in India with an experience of effective integration and management of cloud and traditional infrastructures.
Services offered from i2k2 Networks include integrated managed infrastructure services, smart cloud automation services, cloud deployment services, cloud backup solutions, codeless customizations, IT monitoring Services, managed data center services and more. Call us at +91-120-466-3031 | +91-971-177-4040 or reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org