Cloud Desktop As a Service
- What is Desktop as a Service (DaaS)?Desktop as a Service (DaaS) is a cloud computing offering that enables businesses to deliver cloud-hosted virtual desktops to any device, from anywhere. DaaS solutions provide complete hosted desktops for applications and email securely delivered over the web. They’re simple to buy and easy to manage, with no software for IT to maintain.
- How does DaaS work?DaaS is offered as a subscription service and is multitenant in nature. The backend virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) infrastructure, including the virtual machines that run desktop operating systems, is hosted by a third-party cloud provider. The DaaS provider then streams the virtual desktops to a customer’s end-user devices.
DaaS providers manage the VDI deployment, as well as the maintenance, security, upgrades and storage. And the customer manages the applications and desktop images. DaaS is a good choice for organizations that don’t want to invest in and manage their own on-premises VDI.
- Why use Daas?Apart from the mentioned values customer can create whole virtual office in the cloud to Work from Home, Run collaborative Software development teams and much more.
- What’s the difference between VDI and DaaS?DaaS is VDI, hosted in the cloud. With VDI, an organization deploys virtual desktops from its own on-premises data centers. In-house IT teams are responsible for deploying the virtual desktops as well as purchasing, managing, and upgrading the infrastructure.
DaaS is essentially the same thing but the infrastructure is cloud-based. Organizations that subscribe to a DaaS offering don’t need to manage their own hardware.
What kind of Desktop configuration options are possible?
Desktop as a Service (DaaS) is a cloud offers wide verity of options based on particular needs of an organizations. Few popular solutions which range from anywhere between 5 to 100+ desktops per private corporate cloud network.
- Office ProductivityWindows Desktops with fully managed services for all daily office activities
- Advance Application Productivity SuiteWindows Desktops, Servers, Active Directory, Shared storage and office productivity suites like Office 365, Accounting and Business applications
- Developer Productivity SuitesWindows Desktops, SQL Servers, File Servers, Source Code Management, CICD along with world class developer productivity suites like Visual Studio 2019/2017/2015, Visual Studio Code with support for full .Net and .Net Core, Angular and React programing frameworks
- High Productivity Business Applications SuitesLinux based application cloud desktops for Tally ERP9, Tally ERP9 Server, Busy Accounting and more. With full support of file management , remote printing and data security
What prebuild desktop options are avail?
Desktop as a Service (DaaS) is based on desktop and server images which serves as golden images. We have created verity of options available to you free of cost to save time and money during rapid and routine deployment of large number of desktops
|Productivity Desktop||Full Stack Developer Desktop||.Net Developer Desktop||Frontend Developer Desktop||Custom Desktop|
|All Custom Software Allowed on All Desktops (i.e.: Bring your own license of any office or custom productivity tools)|
|Windows OS License + 1 Admin and 1 User RDP CAL Included (only one user can use the remote desktop session at a time)|
What kind of security and configuration options are available?
We understand that to run a private corporate cloud network you will need to implement many corporate or business policies. We can cater to almost all use-cases which most of the companies need. Following are few of the most asked questions on this topic.
- Can we manage our Desktops using Windows Active Directory?Yes, we can help you setup Windows Active Directory server inside your private corporate cloud network and add all the cloud desktops to it. Your company or IT Administrator can manage and assign any corporate policy as desired. This server is also accessed thru our DAAS service to make it easy for you to manage all administrative tasks securely
- Can we block the internet for desktop users?With our cloud setup users securely access the cloud desktops using their own home, office or public internet. Once logged in we have options for company Administrators to block internet completely, allow only certain desktops to use internet and/or allow limited access to some external networks or services.
This is done thru our Software Defined Networking (SDN) witch is built in part of our Openstack Cloud. These setting are network level and sit above Windows Active Directory or local OS policy
- Are Cloud Desktops venerable to virus, malware, ransomware and/or RDP hacks?With many of the security options enabled by default and overall architecture of our setup, Its highly unlikely you will be affected by many of these usual problem which happen on your on-premise office network or install.
Our Cloud Services App lets you access the Cloud Desktop thru HTTPS protocol and no RDP or any other ports are open on any public internet so no usual RDP hacks or service port scans are possible at all.
We use Two factor authentication and strict password polices to stop any brute force password hacks
With strict access to internet on the Cloud Desktop you can avoid any unwanted downloads and using OS and Active Directory polices you can control any unwanted software installs.
We also allow your own anti-virus and anti-malware software which can give you even greater peace of mind
What are the various infrastructure plans to hosts the Cloud Desktops.
Each Cloud Desktop run on its own dedicated resources in terms of CPU, Memory and Disk space. All available desktop images can be used on any one of these cloud infrastructure as a service options
|#||Compute (vCPU Cores)||Memory (GB of Ram)||Storage (High IOPS SSD in GB)||Price Per Month (INR)||Licences||Software||Managed Services|
How does your service compare to Amazon Workspaces on AWS Cloud.
We have 20+ years of enterprise hosting experience with thousands of corporation dependent on our datacenter services along with 24×7 support and managed services
Our cloud desktop offering and included managed services are clear winner on multiple fronts when compared one on one with Amazon Workspaces
Following comparison is base on https://aws.amazon.com/workspaces/pricing using Asia Pacific (Singapore) Region with Windows Bundle options
|#||Compute (vCPU Cores)||Memory (GB of Ram)||Storage (User Volume in GB)||AWS Monthly (USD)||AWS Prices Per Month (INR) [1USD=75INR]||AWS % Expensive||Missing from AWS Services||Our Prices Per Month (INR)|