Payment Platform on AWS
The Client: Rubixpay is an all-in-one payment platform designed for enterprise level merchants to facilitate online transactions and payment capabilities for authorising, fraud monitoring, auto routing and settlement reconciliation across multiple payment modes and channels.
Some of the services they perform are listed below:
- Payment Gateway
- Invoice Payments
- White Label Gateway
- Advance Analytics
- Fraud Detection Solution
- Value Added Services for custom Features
- Marketing Solutions
- Real Time Sales Reporting
To thrive in a competitive market, the RubixPay needed to deliver reliable, responsive payment services. These services included payment gateways that enable merchants to take payments digitally from consumers, and a planned product that would enable approved consumers to consolidate multiple payments for day-to-day goods and services purchased online. Some of the challenges were
- The new architecture needed to be scaleable to support increasing demand while allowing RubixPay to control its costs.
- The cloud-service provider would need to operate a data center in India—to comply with legislation requiring consumers' data to be retained in India—and operate with minimum latency of 20 to 30 milliseconds.
- Existing servers were plagued with unforeseen downtime, often 15 to 20 minutes at a time, which severely affected performance during peak demand periods
Customer was running their Windows based application on a Private DC and experiencing performance challenges. Due to which they wanted to change to a more reliable public cloud service provider. This was a compete win against Microsoft Azure where i2k2 successfully demonstrated the capabilities, features and benefits of AWS to the customer to run their Workload. i2K2 helped customer to solution the architecture on AWS using EC2 as a key service to run and optimize the Windows Workloads.
The customer Application runs on .net and IIS app server. It uses window server 2016 for hosting the application and MS-SQL server 2016 Web Edition as the backend database.
Why Amazon Web Services (AWS)
AWS is a secure cloud services environment, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.
By moving to AWS, organizations are realizing benefits such as a broad IT infrastructure, support for a variety of use cases, feature sets, enhanced visibility, and the ability to deploy globally within minutes.
Considering the customers' requirements for running scalable, fault tolerant payment gateway, i2k2 proposed the solution architecture which was capable of the running their Windows based application on EC2 along with other managed AWS services.
- Running on AWS has enabled RubixPay to improve the quality of new and updated software releases by running proofs of concept as part of the development process.
- Complete architecture has been configured in AWS Asia Pacific (Mumbai) Region to comply RubixPay with legislative requirements for customers' financial information to be retained within India.
- For the application servers we have configured IIS web server on EC2 with Windows Server 2016 in private subnet.
- For Database, MSSQL Web Edition has been configured on EC2 servers
- RubixPay has their SIEM tool configured on another Linux EC2 server for detailed monitoring.
- We have configured another EC2 server for Reporting on Windows Server 2016 Edition.
- RubixPay has recorded infrastructure availability levels of 99.999 percent after the migration.
- NAT Gateway has been configured for outgoing connectivity to EC2 Instances in private subnets.
- OpenVPN has been configured on linux EC2 instances for secure connectivity to RubixPay team.
- System Manager is configured for patching the server & Microsoft applications on Amazon EC2 instances.
Key AWS Services Used
- VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) | NAT Gateway
- System Manager| IAM User |ClouWatch
- EC2 Instances for APP Server | EC2 Instances for OpenVPN Server
- EC2 Instances for DB Server | EC2 Instances for SIEM tool and Reporting Server
- Time is Money: It was taking 24 hours to deploy a single server. Now, it takes just 2 minutes to launch an Amazon EC2 instance. Migration to AWS has helped them to improve efficiency
- High Performance: Transaction times have been reduced to 50%. They have also been able to keep latency within a few milliseconds to ensure payment services operate in timely fashion and deliver a high-quality customer experience
- Security & Compliance : Using the AWS Asia Pacific (Mumbai) Region has also enabled RubixPay to comply with legislative requirements for customers' financial information to be retained within India
- Cost Management: RubixPay has also cut the time and expense of managing its IT because much of the AWS infrastructure comes pay as you go model. The company has reduced costs of its IT by 30% by migrating to AWS.
As an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner & Managed Amazon cloud services provider, i2k2 provides comprehensive folio of cloud solutions along with prompt and reliable support. Our partnership with AWS goes several years back, even before we formalized our association with the company in 2013. Key reason to choose i2k2 was 20 years of proven business. Talent is vast due to extensive IT exposure in India.
About i2k2 Networks
i2k2 Networks is the No.1 Dedicated Web Hosting company in India and a trusted name in the IT cloud hosting services industry that offers a full gamut of cutting edge enterprise solutions which drive business in today's Internet-powered world. Our folio includes Dedicated Servers, Cloud Hosting- Public, Private and Hybrid, Data Center Services, Business Email Solutions, Managed IT Services, Backup, and DR Solutions, DevOps Services, Cloud Enablement, Enterprise Hardware solutions, and various other integrated services. A team of dedicated and professionally driven IT experts conversant with diverse client requirements are available 24x7x365 to provide extended support. With superior technologies to host, design and develop high-quality websites and applications, we ensure to deliver unmatched value to our clients.