About Customer: Genefied is derived from two words, 'Gene – Modified'. Genefied's tech solutions are the result of successful modifications to the techniques already prevalent in the market.
Genefied assists brands by providing end to end traceability through the Supply Chain and Anti-Counterfeiting solution with the help of technology and innovation.
The solutions that they offer entail:
- GenuineMark: Anti-Counterfeiting Solution
- SupplyBeam: Supply Chain Traceability Solution
- Rewardify: Retailer Loyalty Platform
- Scan & Win: Consumer Loyalty Management
- DWAM: Digital Warranty Activation Management
- CAP: Certificate Authentication Platform
Genefied Team needed a reliable, scalable, and high-performance centric infrastructure. Their portfolio includes wide range of solutions which requires fast and reliable infra with no-performance issues.
Currently the complete infrastructure is running on-premises and they wanted to make it more secure, reliable, and auto scalable.
- Performance, Reliability and Scalability were a frequent problem on the on-premises setup of the database.
- Insufficient access to the right logging configurations and operational effort to troubleshoot, debug and fine tune database queries.
- They needed a scalable architecture to support increasing demand.
Genefied were previously running their infra on 3rd party DC. They were experiencing frequent performance issues with database, due to which they wanted to move to a more reliable and scalable public cloud service provider. i2k2 helped customer to solution the architecture on AWS using EC2 and RDS as a key service to run and optimize the Windows and Database Workloads.
The client website needs Linux Operating system. It uses Linux for hosting the website and MySQL server as the backend database.
Considering the customers' requirements for running reliable and scalable database, i2k2 proposed the solution architecture which included migrating their website to EC2 and database to managed services of AWS i.e. Amazon RDS for SQL server integrated along with other AWS services. Key features of the solutions are:
- Complete architecture has been configured in AWS Asia Pacific (Mumbai) Region.
- As major requirement was to enhance the database performance and reduce the operational overhead, we migrated database to RDS
- For Database, MySQL has been configured on RDS servers
- For the web server we have configured it on EC2 with Linux in private subnet.
- Application load balancer and Auto scaling groups are used to ensure high availability.
- NAT Gateway has been configured for outgoing connectivity to EC2 Instances in private subnets.
- OpenVPN has been configured on Linux EC2 instances for secure connectivity.
- AWS Standard Shield is used to provide always-on detection and automatic inline mitigations that minimize application downtime and latency.
Key Services Used
- VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) | NAT Gateway | Application Load Balancer | KMS
- IAM User |CloudWatch| Systems Manager
- EC2 Instances for App and DB Server | EC2 Instances for OpenVPN Server
- Standard Shield | Trusted Advisor | S3
- Reliability: Utilization of industry-standard best practices with Highly efficient infrastructure with auto-scaling groups to allow the compute capacity to handle the dynamic load and support structure to address changing business needs under Service-level-driven performance targets.
- Monitoring: Using CloudWatch to detect anomalous behavior in environments with the help of set alarms, log visualization and metrics side by side to take automated actions, troubleshoot issues, and discover insights to keep the infra running smoothly.
- Security: Using AWS, it gives an end-to-end approach to secure and harden the infrastructure, including physical, operational, and software measures.
- Cost Management: Easy Scale out and Scale In based on the demand of the business and pay as you go model prevents large upfront investment.
Why Amazon Web Services
AWS is a secure cloud services environment, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.
By moving to AWS, organizations are realizing benefits such as a broad IT infrastructure, support for a variety of use cases, feature sets, enhanced visibility, and the ability to deploy globally within minutes.
As an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner & DevOps competent Managed Amazon cloud services provider, i2k2 provides comprehensive folio of cloud solutions along with prompt and reliable support. Our partnership with AWS goes several years back, even before we formalized our association with the company in 2013. Key reason to choose i2k2 was 20 years of proven business. Talent is vast due to extensive IT exposure in India.
About i2k2 Networks
i2k2 Networks is the No.1 dedicated web hosting company in India and a trusted name in the IT cloud hosting services industry that offers a full gamut of cutting edge enterprise solutions which drive business in today's Internet-powered world. Our folio includes Dedicated Servers, Cloud Hosting- Public, Private and Hybrid, Data Center Services, Business Email Solutions, Managed IT Services, Backup, and DR Solutions, DevOps Services, Cloud Enablement, Enterprise Hardware solutions, and various other integrated services. A team of dedicated and professionally driven IT experts conversant with diverse client requirements are available 24x7x365 to provide extended support. With superior technologies to host, design and develop high-quality websites and applications, we ensure to deliver unmatched value to our clients.