Industry: Cartesian Consulting
About Customer: They build systems of intelligence that automate and scale the complex needs of data-driven marketing. Their SaaS products are built on a proprietary AI core that makes millions of micro-decisions for brands. Their offerings are focused on driving incremental sales for brands.
They design SaaS product SOLUS for Segment-of-One Personalization.
B2C/ D2C brands use SOLUS to up their game on customer engagement. SOLUS is a system of intelligence that sits between data sources and engagement systems. SOLUS powers Recommendations, Reasons to Talk, Content, and Optimization decisions at the Segment-of-One level.
The client is a well-known global analytics firm specializing in customer, marketing, and business analytics. They help brands across the world improves revenues and margins by helping them better utilize their data for business and marketing interventions. There were two primary requirements ie. Non Prod and Prod environment which customer wanted to address for their SaaS product named SOLUS. It is a SaaS-based System of Intelligence, that helps brands hyper-personalize customer engagement at scale.
- Client is looking for asecure scalable cloud solution architecture to manage load of up to multiple concurrent users. The architecture had to be fault
- Secondly, a Highly Available and reliable cloud infrastructure with minimal operational
The customer SaaS product run on ubuntu server and its access node runs on windows server. It uses CentOS for hosting the SaaS product and MySQL as the backend database.
Considering the customers' requirements for running highly scalable, fault tolerant environment , i2k2 proposed the solution architecture which was capable of the running their CentOS based product and MySQL based database on EC2. The solution was designed for Pre-prod and prod environment to manage a peak of million+ users with high availability while following AWS Best Practices as per well-architected framework.
- For the application servers we have configured EC2 instances.We have also deployed ALB which distributes incoming application traffic across EC2 instances running CentOS. Same has been deployed without ALB for non-prod environment.
- Database is the most significant element of the application architecture.The DB being used is MySQL, which is configured on EC2.
- Route53 for DNS Management is configured which is a highly available and scalable cloud Domain Name System (DNS)web service.
- CloudFront is configured to cater the global user requirement to access the application with low latency.
- Furtherwe have configured other AWS services for like CloudWatch for monitoring, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS and S3 for
- System Manager is configured for patching the server & Microsoft applications on Amazon EC2 instances
Key Services Used
- VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) | Application Load Balancer
- SystemManager| CloudFront| Route 53| Certificate Manager
- EC2 Instances for APP and DB Server | EC2 Instances for Open VPN SNS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail | Lambda Functions.
- Scalability: During virtual events, when the number of audiences increase the resources gets auto scaled to meet the demand by launching new instances. The ALB load balances the traffic among all the instances
- High Performance: The infrastructure at the Application layer is deployed across AZ's. The servers are checked for health periodically and replaced when issues are detected.
- Security & Patching: AWS Systems Manager helps to maintain security and compliance by scanning the instances against patch config, and custom policies. Cloud Trail helps audit any actions on the cloud infrastructure.
- Cost Management: Scaling the Servers based on Demand using Autoscale policies helps only maintain only the required resources. The DB also allows for single click scaling when required with minimal operational overhead.
Why Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services environment, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Explore how millions of customers are currently leveraging AWS cloud products and solutions to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability, and reliability.
By moving to AWS, organizations are realizing benefits such as a broad IT infrastructure, support for a variety of use cases, deep feature sets, enhanced visibility, and the ability to deploy globally within minutes.
As an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner & DevOps competent Managed Amazon cloud services provider, i2k2 provides comprehensive folio of cloud solutions along with prompt and reliable support. Our partnership with AWS goes several years back, even before we formalized our association with the company in 2013. Key reason to choose i2k2 was 20 years of proven business. Talent is vast due to extensive IT exposure in India.
About i2k2 Networks
i2k2 Networks is the No.1 dedicated web hosting company in India and a trusted name in the IT cloud hosting services industry that offers a full gamut of cutting edge enterprise solutions which drive business in today's Internet-powered world. Our folio includes Dedicated Servers, Cloud Hosting- Public, Private and Hybrid, Data Center Services, Business Email Solutions, Managed IT Services, Backup, and DR Solutions, DevOps Services, Cloud Enablement, Enterprise Hardware solutions, and various other integrated services. A team of dedicated and professionally driven IT experts conversant with diverse client requirements are available 24x7x365 to provide extended support. With superior technologies to host, design and develop high-quality websites and applications, we ensure to deliver unmatched value to our clients.