Industry: Cartesian Consulting
About Cartesian Consulting: The Cartesian Consulting build systems of intelligence that automate and scale the complex needs of data driven marketing. Their SaaS products are built on a proprietary AI core that makes millions of micro-decisions for brands. Their offerings are focused on driving incremental sales for brands.
Some of the products they designed are listed below:
- SOLUS for Segment-of-One Personalization
- Distance education
- Zipcast for Demand Forecasting
There were two primary requirements the customer wanted to address for running their SaaS-based System of Intelligence with Pre-Prod and Prod Environment.
- They needed a scalable architecture which should be designed to automate and scale the complex needs of data driven marketing while allowing them to control its costs.
- The proposed architecture should enable client to setup their game using intelligence and relevance to drive more sales.
The customer SaaS products runs on Linux Operating system. It uses Linux for hosting the application and MySQL server as the backend database.
Considering the customer's requirements for running scalable, fault tolerant SaaS-based System of Intelligence with Pre-Prod and Prod Environment, i2k2 proposed the solution architecture which included hosting of their Linux based SaaS product application to EC2, database on RDS and integrated along with other managed AWS services. Key features of the solutions are
- Running on AWS has enabled Cartesian Team to improve the quality of new and updated software releases by running proofs of concept as part of the development process.
- Complete architecture has been configured in AWS Asia Pacific (Mumbai) Region.
- Web Application Firewall has been configured behind Load Balancer with AWS Managed Rules.
- For the application servers we have configured web server on EC2 with Linux in private subnet.
- For Database, MySQL has been configured on EC2
- Cartesian Team has recorded infrastructure availability levels of 99.999 percent after the deployment.
- NAT Gateway has been configured for outgoing connectivity to EC2 Instances in private subnets.
- OpenVPN has been configured on Linux EC2 instances for secure connectivity to Cartesian team.
- AWS Standard Shield is used to provide always-on detection and automatic inline mitigations that minimize application downtime and latency.
- Amazon CloudFront is in place to speed up the distribution of static and dynamic web content.
Key AWS Services Used
- VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) | NAT Gateway | Application Load Balancer | WAF | KMS
- IAM User |CloudWatch| CloudTrail | SNS
- EC2 Instances for App Server | EC2 Instances for OpenVPN Server
- RDS for DB MySQL Server | GuardDuty | Route53 |
- CodePipeline | CodeDeploy | S3
- Reliability: Utilization of industry-standard best practices with Highly efficient infrastructure with auto-scaling groups to allow the compute capacity to handle the dynamic load and support structure to address changing business needs under Service-level-driven performance targets.
- Monitoring: Using CloudWatch to detect anomalous behavior in environments with the help of set alarms, log visualization and metrics side by side to take automated actions, troubleshoot issues, and discover insights to keep the applications running smoothly.
- Security: Using AWS, it gives an end-to-end approach to secure and harden the infrastructure, including physical, operational, and software measures.
- Cost Management: Easy Scale out and Scale In based on the demand of the business and pay as you go model prevents large upfront investment.
Why Amazon Web Services (AWS)
AWS is a secure cloud services environment, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.
By moving to AWS, organizations are realizing benefits such as a broad IT infrastructure, support for a variety of use cases, feature sets, enhanced visibility, and the ability to deploy globally within minutes.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale cloud computing easier.
Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. It provides cost-efficient and resizable capacity while automating time-consuming administration tasks such as hardware provisioning, database setup, patching, and backups.
It is a service that enables governance, compliance, operational auditing, and risk auditing of your AWS account.
AWS Secrets Manager:
AWS Secrets Manager protect secrets needed to access applications, services, and IT resources. The service enables to easily rotate, manage, and retrieve database credentials, API keys, and other secrets throughout their lifecycle.
As an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner & DevOps competent Managed Amazon cloud services provider, i2k2 provides comprehensive folio of cloud solutions along with prompt and reliable support. Our partnership with AWS goes several years back, even before we formalized our association with the company in 2013. Key reason to choose i2k2 was 20 years of proven business. Talent is vast due to extensive IT exposure in India.
About i2k2 Networks
i2k2 Networks is the No.1 dedicated web hosting company in India and a trusted name in the IT cloud hosting services industry that offers a full gamut of cutting edge enterprise solutions which drive business in today's Internet-powered world. Our folio includes Dedicated Servers, Cloud Hosting- Public, Private and Hybrid, Data Center Services, Business Email Solutions, Managed IT Services, Backup, and DR Solutions, DevOps Services, Cloud Enablement, Enterprise Hardware solutions, and various other integrated services. A team of dedicated and professionally driven IT experts conversant with diverse client requirements are available 24x7x365 to provide extended support. With superior technologies to host, design and develop high-quality websites and applications, we ensure to deliver unmatched value to our clients.