Industry: Marketing Agency
One of our prestigious customers is providing B2B Marketing Services and Experimental Marketing services. In the B2B Marketing services, they are offering Lead Generation Services, Creative Designing Services, and Digital Marketing Services, and In Experimental Marketing, they are offering Physical Events and Virtual Events. The customer has the capability to organize virtual and physical events to boost the marketing effort of their customer. They have a feature-rich online platform hosted on AWS and managed by i2k2 to facilitate their customer under the services they are offering.
Currently, the customer uses a hybrid model of hosting in which some of their workloads are running in on-premises DC, some are running somewhere in the cloud and some are the third-party services being commissioned by the customer as and when needed during the events.
Their marketing team designs the marketing plan which is unique for each of their customer and according to the business needs.
On the basis of the marketing plan, Customer's dev team customized the modules for the event and build the success story for their customer.
The satisfaction of the customer and effectiveness of the marketing events totally depends on the workloads which are actually running behind the picture and powering the event by providing the platform to the services are being used by the dev team.
Customer's infra is hybrid and actual need is, to redesign the infra and architect a centralize reliable and secure cloud platform need to be decide and that is AWS. Challenges faced by the customer in the current infra are:
- 1. Need of Auto scaling for the time of marketing events, which is not provided in the current hybrid infra.
- 2. The services are using multiple hosting platform and cannot be secured using similar type of security mechanism. To secure the infra at each point is a challenge
- 3. Multiple interfaces for the management to manage the workloads on each platform
- 4. Not a reliant architecture and in case of disaster the guarantee of data recovery cannot be achieved
AWS is the single stop point for the solution of all above challenges and our team knows it very well. We consult the customer on this point and had a detailed discussion with them regarding the same.
We set up a CI/CD pipeline which use the GIT as code repository for their dev team. At the time of events dev team modify the code and make the images for the workloads are being pushed to modify the whole platform for the particular marketing event. Here, we will use AWS Code Build to integrate with SonarQube and perform code quality check. For final build stage, we will use another AWS Code Build project and push the built artifact to S3 bucket.
This is a multi-AZ environment and where tasks are deployed in the auto-scaling group so that, at the time of marketing events it can be upscale and downscale as per the load. CI/CD pipeline pushes the image in the Elastic Container Repository and then the Elastic Container Service deploy the same in the tasks under the autoscaling group over the multi-AZ architecture.
The developer access to this VPC is provided through the VPN server and the public traffic is comes through the ALB and NLB towards the tasks array.
For the Database, Document DB which is MongoDB compatible is hosted along with a Replica instance for high availability. Along with this, there is Redis ElastiCache which is in-memory data store is paced in both the Availability Zones which is attached to the primary and secondary Document DB to achieve microsecond latency by caching alongside the existing databases.
Snapshot are taken on a defined frequency and saving into the S3.
As we are hosting Virtual Marketing Platform from which content need to be accessible on the global scale, so the CloudFront is deployed to ensure the caching of the content over edge locations.
- 1. AWS WAF is provided to protect apps and APIs against bots and exploits that consume resources, skew metrics, or cause downtime
- 2. AWS GuardDuty is deployed for threat detection and it also continuously monitor the infra to detect any kind of malicious activity
- 3. Important instances are kept in the private subnet and user access can be provided by using VPN
- 4. AWS Security Hub is deployed here for security posture management service that automates best practice checks, aggregates alerts and supports automated remediation
- 5. Access Management and Security of Keys is achieved using the KMS (key Management Service).
- 6. MFA is also implemented to provide an extra layer of authentication.
- 1. A Multi-AZ infrastructure has been architected for this customer
- 2. Snapshots are being taken properly with a defined frequency and kept within S3, as-per-required retention period
The Solution/Architecture Diagram
AWS is designed to allow application providers, ISVs, and vendors to quickly and securely host your applications – whether an existing application or a new SaaS-based application. You can use the AWS Management Console or well-documented web services APIs to access AWS's application hosting platform. AWS utilizes an end-to-end approach to secure and harden our infrastructure, including physical, operational, and software measures. For more information, see the AWS Security Center.
Using AWS tools, Auto Scaling, and Elastic Load Balancing, your application can scale up or down based on demand. Backed by Amazon's massive infrastructure, you have access to compute and storage resources when you need them. With AWS, you take advantage of a scalable, reliable, and secure global computing infrastructure, the virtual backbone of Amazon.com's multi-billion dollar online business that has been honed for over a decade.
Cloud Computing – We are highly proficient in cloud hosting serving more than 4000 Corporates with 14000+ VMs and Physical servers mainly in India.
Cloud Consulting – We are adept at delivering solutions on public cloud, private cloud, and Hybrid cloud. We are partners with AWS, Azure, Google, and other cloud providers.
Focus to service our customers and create products that are extremely user-centric and solution-oriented with a highly-skilled technical team and a vast experience in the technology space, we have been developing products that are solving real-life issues that can service the masses
We offer tailor-made solutions and services so that businesses can leverage the maximum benefits through us. We ensure that the delivery and quality parameters are met and remain committed to the best possible customer experience