Let we discuss what is SIP Trunking?
A SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) trunk is a service offered by an Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP) that associate a company’s PBX to the existing telephone system infrastructure (PSTN) via Internet using the SIP Voice-over-IP (VoIP) standard.
SIP Trunking is a newer as well as cheapest way for businesses to do what they do best, business. Prior to this, from a telephone provider, businesses had to buy a dedicated line.
Therefore, because of SIP trunking, businesses can now enjoy better communication and an increased ROI at lower costs for their business.
SIP trunks offers you necessary cost-savings for companies by removing the requirement for local PSTN gateways, costly ISDN PRIs (Primary Rate Interfaces) or BRIs (Basic Rate Interfaces).
What are the components that are necessary to deploy SIP trunks successfully?
The three components are:
1. A PBX with a SIP-enabled trunk side
2. An Internet telephony or SIP trunking service provider
3. An enterprise edge device understanding SIP
But, what are the advantages of using SIP Trunking?
1. Eliminates or reduces the costs combined with the purchase of hardware media gateways.
2. Eliminate the over-subscription of voice channels based on business needs.
3. Reduces the recurring costs of separate PSTN and data circuits (some dedicated to voice and some to data).
4. Eliminates or reduces the costs combined with the ongoing support and maintenance costs of hardware media gateways.
5. Supports multiple forms of communication that includes video and instant messaging allows for greater levels of user presence.
6. Improve the call quality of voice based IP communications as each SIP Trunk is a dedicated “channel.”
7. Allow for the selection of a single SIP Trunk that increases the flexibility and ease of subtracting, adding or changing a line.
8. Utilizes Direct Inward Dials (DID’s) that allows every employee to have their own phone line. This increases the implementation and flexibility of dial plans and call control.
9. Reduce toll charges from SIP origination/termination services to the PSTN for local access calls and external long-distance.
So, these are all the benefits of SIP Trunking. I hope you will like this article.