E-mail marketing is a kind of direct marketing uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or brings messages to an audience. All e-mails sent to a current and potential customer could be considered e-mail marketing.
E-mail marketing is used to refer to:
• sending e-mails to enhance the relationship of a merchant with its previous or current customers and to encourage customer loyalty and to repeat business
• sending e-mails to convince current customers or to acquire new customers to buy something immediately
• adding advertisements to e-mails sent by other companies to their customers
E-mail marketing is famous with companies for various reasons:
• A mailing list enables you to distribute information to a wide range of potential, specific customers at a relatively low cost
• E-mail is less expensive as compared to other media investments like printed newsletters or direct mail
• An exact return on investment can be tracked when done properly
• The delivery time for an e-mail message is short (within seconds or minutes) as compared to a mailed advertisement that takes one or more days
• E-mail messages are easy to track via autoresponders, bounce messages, web bugs, unsubscribe requests, click-throughs, read receipts etc.
• Advertisers can generate repeat business automatically and affordably
• Advertisers can reach numbers of e-mail subscribers who have opted in to receive e-mail communications on their interested subjects
• E-mail marketing is paper-free
• Tracking and response metrics enables tuning and optimization of the E-mail marketing channel by a process of testing different variants and calculation of statistically significant results
So, I hope now you are aware of all the benefits of E-mail marketing.