Pay per click (PPC) is an Internet advertising model used on search engines, advertising networks, and content sites, such as blogs, in which advertisers pay their host only when their ad is clicked. With search engines, advertisers typically bid on keyword phrases relevant to their target market. Content sites commonly charge a fixed price per click rather than use a bidding system.
PPC enables you to list your site at the top of search engine results by advertising on keywords that best describe your product or service. It’s a dynamic marketplace – the higher you bid, the higher your advertisement will be displayed in the list.
You pay only when a searcher clicks on your listing and connects to your site. You don’t pay to list, you only pay for clicks or click throughs. This way you only pay for the traffic to your site, there are no other hidden costs.
Although many PPC providers exist, Google AdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing, and Microsoft adCenter are the three largest network operators.
Benefits of PPC advertising
- it generates traffic immediately and is a responsive and fast method for creating buzz for your site
- its principles are simple – a company willing to place the highest bid for a keyword will be ranked the highest on the search results page
- it is extremely flexible – keywords can be adjusted, added or deleted according to current market conditions
- it can be economical compared with more traditional advertising strategies
- For short-term advertising campaigns, it is ideal – allowing organisations to change the copy of ads. as desired to reflect keyword changes
- it can give an immediate return on investment – especially if your website can process business/sales online
The long term benefits from pay per click advertising
Pay per click search engines are primarily used for sales in the now time frame, but they are also being used to build a business identity that their customers will remember. Over 90% of all searches on the Internet are done through search engines and they are the best tools for enhancing a company’s identity. They are identity builders, and they direct targeted consumers who are looking for your product or service right to your doorstep. In the long term, brand awareness can bring visitors to their site without additional advertising. By using the power of search engines you can use the Internet to deliver a targeted prospective customer who is actively looking for your products or services right to your doorstep and build long term brand awareness at the same time.
What are the points you should focus on Pay per click advertising?
- Establish a sensible budget for your pay per click advertising campaign. Spend per click must be less than profit per click – some rough calculations will be useful. Once the campaign has been launched, the number of leads generated can be reviewed to ensure the campaign in still on the right track
- Focus on how many clicks (i.e. visits) to your website convert into revenue/leads via the pay per click advertising campaign. Establish the measurable outcome specific to your organisation that you want to acheive by undertaking the campaign
- Choose specific keywords relevant to your website that should be included in the this advertising campaign to generate traffic to your website. Avoid using broad and non-specific terms – searchers are becoming more sophisticated and often use 3 keywords or more when using search engines
- Bid position for keywords and terms must be monitored on a regular basis.
That’s why we believe that it allows you to get maximum exposure, while you control the amount you want to spend on your marketing campaign. You can clearly track the effectiveness of your ad campaign.