Many businesses have successfully made the transition to the cloud, doing away with bulky IT infrastructure to embrace the benefits of cloud enablement. Cloud services were previously offered as public and private cloud, before the idea of hybrid cloud took over. The hybrid cloud model allows organizations to streamline their business operations. Hybrid cloud advantages and disadvantages are unique and knowing them helps you make an informed decision. To help, the blog post discusses a hybrid cloud model.
Hybrid Cloud – Basics, Implementations, Advantages
The Hybrid Cloud: Basics
The hybrid cloud can be defined as an integrated solution that uses a combination of both, the public and private cloud to meet diverse IT workload requirements of organizations. In a hybrid cloud model, the public and private cloud work as separate entities, however, they remain interdependent. Most organizations use this unique mix of the two cloud models to manage workloads on critical and noncritical applications. An organization, for instance, can host critical applications on an on-premise, private cloud, whereas noncritical or occasionally used applications can be hosted on the public cloud provided by Amazon Web Services , Microsoft Azure or IBM SoftLayer.
Ways to Implement Hybrid Cloud Computing
Any organization can adopt the hybrid cloud model in one of the following ways:
- Different cloud providers can team up to provide integrated public and private cloud services
- A single cloud provider offering the hybrid package
- Organizations can manage private cloud infrastructure on their own and sign-up for a public cloud subscription
Advantages of Hybrid cloud
- Offers a in-house, private infrastructure that is directly accessible
- Ideal for shifting application workloads in an organization
- Not offered through a public internet, thereby helping in reducing access time and latency
- Greater flexibility in server designs
- Ideal for testing applications before pushing them into the production environment
- Gives an opportunity for network optimization
- Allows better control on the IT environment
The hybrid cloud model is beneficial for organizations as its benefits outweigh the disadvantages. Choosing a reliable hybrid cloud hosting service such as the AWS, SoftLayer and Microsoft Azure helps you get seamless migration and fewer issues. The hybrid cloud whether it is public cloud or private cloud greatly helps organizations to optimize their efficiency and deliver superior experiences to clients. If you are migrating to a hybrid cloud model and require professional assistance, i2k2 Networks can help. We have a team of expert IT solutions architects with extensive combined experience. To learn more about our services or discuss the hybrid cloud advantages and disadvantages, fill out our contact form. You can also call us at +91-120-466 3031.