Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS) is a collaborative software suite that includes an email server and web client. Collaboration suites feature email, document management, contact management, project management, portals, calendar, IM, web conferencing, social media tools, workspaces, and Unified communication.
The advantages of these features are that one can access them across various platforms on devices such as Smart Phones (Blackberry, Windows, Android and Symbian), not forgetting Tablets, Laptops, and PCs.
Today, some of the collaboration suites that are available on the market include:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Google Apps for Business
- Office 365
- Lotus Notes
- Lotus online
Zimbra Collaboration Suite is gaining ground as one of the best collaboration suites available on the market. Distinguished companies are vying for Zimbra Collaboration Suite, and for good reason.
What Makes Zimbra Collaboration Suite a Unique Piece in the Market?
- 2-tier deployments (Split Domain, where you can use Zimbra and other mail servers for one domain). You can deploy it on-site or cloud. ZCS can cater to the needs of 100 users and is scalable to 1 million users.
- Lower TCO (Total Cost of Ownership): Zimbra Collaboration Suite always provides you with a lower TCO, when compared to other solutions. The license cost is affordable.
- Deployment: Zimbra can be put in single server mode, be it clustered mode on bare metal, or Virtual Environment.
- It also supports ‘Per User Basis’. This means you don’t have to worry about separate Server License and User CAL costs, which gives you savings.
- Zimbra Collaboration Suite offers several features, which incorporate mail, contact, calendar and document sharing. In this context, one may need to install additional applications, for instance, a SharePoint and others. Zimbra Zimlets affords you IM (in webmail and desktop client), and Video call features. Zimbra Collaboration Suite allows you to share your mailbox, contacts, documents, and calendar.
- 3rd Party Authentication: Zimbra supports external authentication with Microsoft Active Sync, or external ldap.
- Mobile Synchronization: Zimbra supports 100% mobile sync for Android, Blackberry, IPhone, Windows, and Symbian devices.
- Platform Compatibility: Zimbra Collaboration Suite runs on all platforms such as, Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Associated Communication: Zimbra Collaboration Suite already extends unified communication means with Cisco and Mitel Device suites. In ZCS Version 8.5 it incorporates API to connect to any UC devices.
- Desktop client: Zimbra Collaboration Suite supports all desktop clients via IMAP/POP or MAPI. It also has a free desktop client called Zimbra Desktop.
- Administration: Zimbra renders a less uncomplicated and simplified admin console to manage users, monitor mail server and configure all the custom policies.
- Legal Acquiescences and Data Security: ZCS supports almost all the major legal resignations. It offers inbuilt Archive and Discovery, Backup and Recovery or mail, Email Encryption, Email Retention and custom safety procedures.
Zimbra Collaboration Suite is one of the best email solutions from an end user perspective. It has a simple web interface which allows even new users to navigate easily, feel at home. Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a user-friendly, reliable, economical, and robust application, which improves the productivity users while minimizing costs to your enterprise. Equip your business with modern solutions and do business the 21st century way. Contact us for a free no obligation consultation.