Allocating resources to meet the dynamically changing customer’s demands is the biggest challenge for any Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Storing data, categorizing them based on the priority and sensitivity has become tedious while organizing and expensive while planning for the IT team as the SMEs and startups begin to grow their operations. Opting the in-house architecture becomes financially challenging for SMEs who expect to grow larger and yet remain agile.
Thus, cloud migration persists as the most preferable and budget-friendly option levering various other benefits to the users.
Cloud Migration and its Advantages
Almost 90% of small and medium-sized businesses these days are already using cloud computing technologies at some capacity. With the evolution of cost-efficient and flexible services proposed by cloud biggies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), the popularity of cloud technologies has started gaining momentum among a huge customer base.
This offers profound opportunities to SMEs, to begin with, small and immediate needs, and then scale their cloud infrastructure as their businesses potentially grow, unlocking various additional benefits of cloud computing.
Related read – 5 Ways AWS Keeps your Customer Data Secure
Some of the major advantages of cloud migration are:
- Serving the Infrastructure Demands in a Budget-Friendly Manner: As the major hardware and administrative infrastructure expand with the growth of an SMEs, the demands of the IT infrastructure increases rapidly. Managing the additional components adds stress on the IT workforce. Provisioning the additional compute resources from the cloud occurs on-demand. Depending on the current workloads, users can scale up and down and proactively optimize the TOC as the business proceeds further. Signing on with a managed IT services and support provider can help to reduce the cost and focus more on the core business.
- Greater Flexibility: Accumulating data from various sources regardless of the size of the business is the most common trend these days. Managing the collected data sometimes becomes difficult and requires additional investments in software, hardware, and manpower. Cloud storage presents the most viable solution to handle data storage with great flexibility, dismissing all the extra hassles and expenses on additional resources and paying for exactly what is being used by the SMEs.
- Worry Free Disaster Recovery: A complete data and infrastructure migration protects SMEs from server crashes, unplanned downtime, power outage, software failures, data corruption, and accidental human errors. A cloud-based disaster recovery procedure is relatively simpler approach and helps a majority of processes to run automatically, saving both time and resources.
- Seamless operability of Applications: Hosting workloads in the cloud, helps to manage and monitoring the applications, scaling, providing for capacity, and load balancing. This way users experience less unplanned downtime issues and help keep up the SLAs at 99.99%.
- Improved Security: Migrating the enterprise workloads on Amazon Web Security (AWS) cloud offers the company’s extensive security benefits and best practices. Orchestrating the in-house management team, adjusting the security practices manually, and monitoring the infrastructure performance 24x7x365 are the outdated approaches. A majority of security approaches are now installed with little supervision, often remotely. Also, team members are alerted about the potential security vulnerabilities as soon a threat gets detected.
- Better Compliance: By adopting cloud technologies, the compliance responsibility gets transferred to the service provider. Now the service provider helps users to meet the latest compliance provisions and regulations accordingly.
Related read – AWS Web Hosting Solutions: Speedy Way to Launch Your Website
Challenges of Cloud Migration for SMEs
Despite having several inarguable benefits of cloud migration, many organizations have yet not migrated their workloads on the cloud. Let us have a look at some of the major challenges of cloud migration-
- Skill-based Training: Making your IT staffs capable to manage, monitor, and deploy workloads on the cloud can be expensive as it requires elaborated skill-based training sessions. Thus, partnering with a managed IT services provider to support and set up the environment is recommended strongly.
- Lack of Complete Control:Some of the organizations have no longer complete control over their IT environment and that is why resist migrating. Some of the configurability does not allow them to migrate which might otherwise disrupt the normal functioning.
- Choosing a Volatile Vendor:some of the startups have a solid financial footing, while others do not. So, it is always better to choose a more volatile vendor to eliminate the risk of serious issues and downtime.
- Upgrading Internet: Another potential investment that incurs when an enterprise decides to move to the cloud is advanced Internet connection which offers blazingly fast speed if all is to work well.
Read Related: AWS Cloud Migration: Re-inventing Businesses for SMEs
Why AWS for Cloud Migration?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) being the most recognized leader among cloud service providers offers an ecosystem that includes full and continual support for growing enterprise, irrespective of their sizes.
Some of the benefits of AWS Cloud Services SMEs can avail are:
- Amazon is the most reliable and volatile cloud providers ever.
- Setup is relatively easy for IT departments while carrying out migration with the AWS tutorials.
- Designed especially for SMEs, Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a relatively low initial investment amount and pay only for the services they use without any long term contract or hidden policies.
- AWS offer ultimate scalable solutions that help businesses scale easily up and down as and when required.
- Talking about security, Amazon Web Services are best among the rest. With highly secured, advanced and closely monitored data centers, even the small businesses get the same kind of support as the larger ones, unbiased.
Migrating workloads in the AWS cloud might be one of the crucial decisions for the SMEs, but it could possibly assure growth and agility more than ever.
i2k2 Networks would be delighted to be the support partner for your in-house infrastructure, followed by a team of cloud experts, technical assistance and best-in-class hosting services. The comprehensive blend of our advanced AWS cloud consulting services will definitely provide you a technical direction and logical consultation to run parallel with your business growth and development. Call us now at +91-120-466-3031 |+91-971-177-4040 or can even drop a mail to email@example.com.
Image source – AWS Cloud