Currently, there are three most popular content management systems (CMS) are available: WordPress, Drupal and Joomla. But many of us are confused which is best? So, I am sharing the important points here that will help you to choose from these three.
Is WordPress only for blogging?
WordPress is a very good system to use as if you are creating a website; it lets you quickly out your thoughts on the web. But while it is used as a blog, it can be configured to work also in many other ways.
• Excellent for sharing thoughts or blogging in a sequential manner
• Simple to use as no need for modifications
• The users can get the hang of it quickly
• It is not developer friendly
• Upgrades bring more bugs than fixes sometimes
• The community seems to like to complain
Is Drupal for developers?
If you would hand-code the content of your pages then use a WYSIWYG Editor or if you want to tweak the code which makes up the website’s framework, then Drupal is for you.
• It is extremely Developer friendly
• You can use it to create some wonderful websites that can perform well than other sites
• Strong community to help discern the hundreds of tags and functions available
• Drupal’s theming has been a huge case of fail as it has been developers, not designers that are making the themes
• Not very user-friendly and designer, it is hard for who has little code knowledge to make the leaps needed to do the very nice things that Drupal is becoming famous for
• A Drupal website published can cost you too much than Joomla or WordPress
Joomla – All come together to build websites with Joomla
Joomla! is a mix of all of those things: end-users, developers and designers.
• Friendly for all types of users: Administrators, Designers and Developers
• It has been rapidly improving and growing itself for the past three years
• Huge community is great for assisting with creation of websites
• Not as powerful as Drupal
• Not user-friendly enough for all to understand
• Currently rebuilt the whole system from ground-up and so still there are many out there sticking to the old versions (1.0.x)
So, all three are great systems, but for me, WordPress and Drupal are at the top of their game. WordPress is best if you are only the single user and is mainly for blogging or building a small website. Drupal is the best if you have multiple users and want to build out a complete web community and Joomla lies in between these beacause it has many features but it is a bit less customizable and less scalable.