Many people are very confused about Online Marketing or Internet Marketing. If you want to find the real meaning of Online Marketing then you will find that it is the ability to market your services on the Internet. It is just like a coin that has two sides as on one side it has so many advantages while on the other side Online Marketing has some disadvantages also.
Limitations of Online Marketing
1. Online Marketing is not free as the cost of hardware, software, wed site design, online distribution costs, maintenance, web hosting of website and yes time, all should be factored into the cost of providing your product and service
2. Still, the internet is considered as a source of information gathering for the majority of your customers. Many people are there who still prefer the live interaction when they buy. This may deter customers from buying if you have a small business with one location
Related Read – Why Zimbra is Better than Gmail?
3. Over 50% of households shop online and this number is continued to grow, you are reaching less than two out of three households
4. So many scams on the internet.
5. Timing of updates is critical so it’s easy to have outdated information on your site
6. Is your website safe? Because of the fear of website’s security, many of the visitors will not want to use their credit card to make a purchase if they don’t know that your site is secure.
7. No replacement is there for good old fashioned customer service. The majority of online marketers lack inquiry response programs and customer service. Therefore, your many online visitors will already have painted your website as poor service before contacted you. Also, the majority of sites have poor navigation that makes it tough for the visitor to find what they are looking for. Many sites were created without a customer service point of view.
8. A lot of competition for your product already out there. When your visitor finds you then it means they have been checked many links already. Until and unless they can find what they are looking for quickly, they are gone.
Thus, we can say that there are some disadvantages of Online Marketing.