Trust Rank is applied to your site to improve the relevance and effectiveness of Google’s search results. The main factors that decide your Trust Rank are the age of your domain and the quality of websites that are linking to you.
Google is determined to give only high search engine positions to websites that it deems to be trustworthy i.e. do not partake in any spam techniques/ black hat.
Things to remember:
- To do things naturally without getting paid links or manipulating links is the best way.
- Do not overuse keywords.
- Add fresh content regularly.
Trust Rank is useful to
- Help search engines to identify what pages should be good for quality review
- Automatically demote the rankings of pages that have a high probability of being bad and boost pages that have a high probability of being good.
Trust Rank is based upon some common ideas that:
- Trust score is attenuated as it passes from site to site.
- The care with which people add links to a page is often inversely proportional to the number of links on the page.
- Bad pages link to good ones. Good pages rarely link to bad ones in an attempt to improve hub scores.
Your Website’s Trust Rank could affect the following:
Length of Domain Registration: For a longer period, may show you have a long-term vision for the website by registering a domain.
Domain Age: New websites currently get filtered, so it seems feasible than the older website, the more trust is placed in it.
Regular Updates: You show that the site is being continually updated and cared for by adding content to your site regularly.
Unique IP: It might show you care for your website to have a unique IP address and you also ensure your IP is not shared with any bad neighbors.
Back links: Websites interlink with each other, but there are three different groups of back links.
- Bad Links: These links are from websites that operate Black hat optimization techniques or from websites that are banned.
- Good Links: These links are one-way links from websites that are in a similar theme to your own website and the links are inside a body of text.
- Not-So-Good Links: These links might include reciprocal links or back links from off-topic websites.
Sitemaps: Including this will help search engine spider your site. It also helps visitors to find what they are looking for.
Targeting your market based on Traffic over Relevance: If you target the market that applies most to your website, rather than the one, will bring most traffic and thus will increase your traffic ranking.
Reliable Uptime: Sites that have poor up-time lose trust.
Spam: By using any kind of Black hat technique could lose you trust like cloaking, doorway pages, duplicate content, hidden text, pointing multiple domains to the same site, keyword stuffing, pop-ups, comment spamming and hidden links.
Bad Topics: Producing a website that is commonly associated with spam/black hat might reduce your b. Sites such as alcohol, gambling, anything illegal, pornography, hate speech, or anything that may get filtered by Google’s Safe Search.
Going Off-Topic: Adding content to your website that is not related to your site theme can hurt your Trust Ranking.